In the spring of 1910, while living at 400 Beacon Street in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, Mary Baker Eddy wrote this loving tribute to her household workers. She gave instructions to print it in the Christian Science Sentinel (April 23, 1910), and it would also appear in The Christian Science Journal the following month. “A Paean of Praise” was later republished in her book The First Church of Christ, Scientist, and Miscellany, p. 355. The decorative motifs on this plaque are from the wallpaper in Mrs. Eddy's Chestnut Hill study.
Size: 8.5" x 6.25"